Friday, June 29, 2007

Movie Review: SiCKo

I cried and cried. It was so sad to hear the stories. And to know that people are being obsessed(debt wise) in America just to keep the rich, rich. This has caused me to shake my head in disbelief. How can a conscience christian not be outraged by America's politics when it comes to free healthcare for all? Are Americans that selfish? Is it all about me me me, in this nation? Even CNN news stepped up to the table of facts see this article: http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/06/28/sicko.fact.check/index.html

Okay okay back to the movie review. SiCKO. Sicko deals with the real moral issues of the American for-profit health insurance and pharmaceutical industries (in which I have worked 10 years for and yes there are issues). Its main agenda is to show how the government-run health care is a better model than the current U.S. healthcare system. The U.S. system is designed to maximize profit by minimizing the care delivered to patients. Its a deadly, cost. Yet, sad.
Here is a tagline: "this might hurt a little". And this movie does. I know Michael Moore is partial but come on the FACTS are there. Other countries have free healthcare and they are doing just fine economically! My one advice to all Americans with or without health insurance: "don't get sick".

I give this movie: 4 TIARAS.

No comments: